Wednesday 10 August 2016

Best Made Plans...

If there is something that is clear from my first year of allotment-ing in Wick, it is that you should never rely on the weather!

We've had a few storms recently. I really love windy days. The last few mornings I've been outside there's been that crisp autumnal atmosphere that always makes me want to harvest vegetables.

But I went to the allotment yesterday and turned to see my polytunnel - well, it's not much like a polytunnel any more! It's more like a pathetic heap of plastic and snapped metal tubes. Yes, the wind managed to snap the metal. And my tomatoes had just got flowers too! :(

But it's not all doom and gloom. I've been talking to the family about it and we have clever plans and cunning tricks. Fingers crossed - we can go to the plot tomorrow and salvage some bits and pieces from the wreckage!

Update to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment